airlines have minimum hiring requirements applicants must meet
order to be considered for an interview. Provided below are the typical
airlines minimum hiring requirements:
Certificates / Ratings:
All certificates and ratings required to be U.S.A. FAA issued:
• Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi-engine and Instrument
rating (without limitations)
• Airline Transport Pilot Certificate.
• Current FE Turbojet Rating or written (FEX or Basic/turbojet)
• Must be at least twenty-three years of age.
• 1500 hours total time in airplanes
• 1000 hours turbine in airplanes
• 1000 - 1500 hours in Turbine aircraft as the Pilot in command*
• Recency of flight experience will be considered
PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of
record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls.
• Must possess a current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate.
• Must pass FAA mandated Drug Test.
• High School diploma or GED is required.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college
or university is preferred
• At least three letters from any individuals who can attest
to the pilot’s flying skills, by having observed them over
a sustained period of time.
• Must possess a valid United States Driver's License.
• Legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.
• Able to pass a 10-year security background check
• Have a FCC Radio License